(Bucegi, 13-14.07.2013)

It seems that trekking has become one of my things. I love the weight of the backpack, the sweets we nibble on the way, I hate to go up hill, but I love to go down hill, I’m OK with sleeping in huts as long as I have my sleeping bag with me, and I love the company.

This was my first real trekking trip. I was waiting to be impressed by the path, by the mountains, and the valleys, but it was so damn foggy that I couldn’t see much. Still, the bits I saw were breathtakingly beautiful. I think that everyone feels so small and insignificant when faced with that vast expanse of wilderness.

Adi and Bogdan have been trekking many times in the Bucegi mountains but they still managed to find a route that was new to all of us (heck, everything was new to me :)) ). Looking back, I am very much fond of this two-day trip, maybe because it was my first real one. I remember that I was constantly smiling and feeling that I’m in the right place at the right time.

I am still amazed how great weekends away from Bucharest are. Yes, I don’t get to sleep in or watch TV series, but I’d rather curse and bitch that I have yet another mountain or hill to climb than sit at home and actually do nothing. I’m so grateful for this!

*Stereophonics – Superman

Posted on by ionuca | Posted in I'm just a girl, I'm so happy I could scream!, More than words can say, Pictures of you, Try walking in my shoes, With a little help from my friends

6 Responses to You don’t know what it’s been like meeting someone like you*

1. by Camelia on August 17, 2013 at 10:21 pm

trebuie să fie cu adevărat o mare emoţie când ajungi acolo sus, e un sentiment nemaipomenit de libertate! frumoasă incursiune :)

2. by Gracie on August 20, 2013 at 3:27 pm

Amazing photos and interesting to read about your feelings about this………

3. by ionuca on August 27, 2013 at 11:13 am

@Camelia: da, chiar uiți de toate nimicurile de zi cu zi :)

@Gracie: I know! Who would have thought I would like it so much? Not me! :))

4. by Ralf Karius on September 11, 2013 at 1:26 pm

Hi, I hope you are fine. Will you be available for us in the beginning of October? Due to a bank holiday in October, all of us have focused to do our yearly Romania excursion. My thanks and kind regards, Ralf.

5. by ionuca on September 13, 2013 at 5:32 pm

@Ralf: omg, this is such a great piece of news! I can hardly wait to see you again and I’m looking forward to meeting little Gustav! I hope you’re staying at my place, right? :)

Many many hugs and see you very soon! :)

6. by Ralf Karius on September 16, 2013 at 2:45 pm

Hi. I’m looking for flights (round trip) – have you any idea for current offers or good companies ?