I don’t know if I like Bucharest anymore as I find myself longing for weekends as far away as possible from here. It’s so refreshing to see new faces, new buildings, to breathe cleaner air, to eat in a new place, to drink beer in a new pub – you get my point. On the other hand, as much as I like Sibiu, it’s not big enough for me. I am once again divided between two powerful needs: my need for anonymity, which only a big city can offer, and my need for feel-at-home places. Maybe one day I’ll be lucky enough to find a balance between the two.

I haven’t been this zen in ages. I am almost tempted to say that when I’ll look back on my life this is the period I’ll miss the most: not high school, not university, definitely not the MA, but this: 25, feeling as free as a bird, doing exactly what I want, traveling wherever I want, having just as much money as I need, trying and sometimes succeeding to conquer my anxiety, my depressive moods, my dictatorial gestures…

What I find mind-blowing is that now, right this moment, I don’t have any regrets, none whatsoever.

Let the future come, I’m ready for it.

Posted on by ionuca | Posted in Bits and pieces, I'm just a girl, It's a beautiful day!, More than words can say, Pictures of you, Sibiu, Try walking in my shoes, With a little help from my friends

7 Responses to ‘The future hasn’t happened yet’

1. by manu on May 4, 2012 at 7:00 pm

i love it :-)

2. by L. on May 4, 2012 at 11:21 pm

” I am almost tempted to say that when I’ll look back on my life this is the period I’ll miss the most:”
    Mi-a placut teribil de mult fraza asta! Sa stii ca si eu mi-o spun in fiecare zi! :) Asa ca sunt sperante mari sa ti-o spui inca multi ani de acum inainte!

3. by ionuca on May 6, 2012 at 9:03 pm

@manu: big hug!

@L: sau poate am noroc și prelungesc starea asta la infinit, iar atunci fiecare zi care trece o să fie the best :)

4. by Béranger on May 7, 2012 at 9:08 pm

No bird is free as a bird.

5. by Gracie on May 7, 2012 at 11:39 pm

You know what they say…Seize the day………… living here and now is the most wonderful thing in the world………..not so easy when you have the responsability of a family, but I do remember the feeling, whish I could turn back time. Savour it, it’s not going to last forever………

6. by Doro on May 10, 2012 at 9:26 pm

Berlin – perhaps a future balance between the two. :-)

7. by ionuca on May 12, 2012 at 11:58 am

@Béranger: shut up, grumpy one! :P

@Gracie: but as I don’t want a family, I can live the day every day :)

@Doro: this trip to Germany (and Berlin) will be exactly what I need right now. Who knows, maybe I’ll like it so much that I’ll do everything possible to move there :D