I can’t believe that Gabi, my Gabi, got married! And his was a wedding I couldn’t miss, I didn’t want to miss. We were almost desk mates in high school (meaning we were desk mates when I moved to the back of the class to nag him and Steve) and he’s one of the few people I really care about. We haven’t seen each other that often in the last five years and I was happy to be there with him on his very important day.

I know that you know I don’t believe in marriage and that I simply loathe wedding parties but this was a very important step for their relationship and it was the first time I accepted such a commitment without judging. Of course, I still think they are a bit too young for this, but I know they will be just fine :) In church I was so touched that I cried! They were so beautiful and in love and they knew what they wanted: to be together for the rest of their lives. How can one not shed a tear or two?

Now I can’t think of Gabi. Now there’s Gabi and Alexandra. And I am so happy for them!

*Mylène Farmer – C’est une belle journée

Posted on by ionuca | Posted in Baia Mare, I'm so happy I could scream!, It's a beautiful day!, More than words can say, Pictures of you, With a little help from my friends

8 Responses to C’est une belle journée*

1. by Gracie on September 15, 2011 at 10:51 am

Well what can I say? I was 22 and my husband 25 when we got married, and after 27 years we are still here….. So I can only wish your friends good luck and the best in life….

2. by Ally on September 15, 2011 at 8:22 pm

The thing about marriage is that it should happen earlier in life when people are still beautiful and trouble-free :)

3. by Blossom on September 16, 2011 at 1:17 pm

ce frumoasa e Alexandra. :)

4. by Steve on September 16, 2011 at 11:54 pm

It was great having you around! We had a really nice time out there. And yes, they are both beautiful and so young. They’ll do just fine, i’m sure of it. Just hope we’ll still be able to hang out in TJ, all of us! :))

5. by ionuca on September 17, 2011 at 12:51 pm

@Gracie: I had no idea that you two got married that young! But you are one awesome pair so it was for the best :)

@Ally: if they really know what they want ;)

@Blossom: yup, she is one pretty (and smart and nice) girl!

@Steve: we had such a great time! :))) I think that Alexandra likes us enough to want to hang out with us ;))

6. by Roxandrei on September 19, 2011 at 12:02 am

The images are wonderful. I wish them all the happiness in the world.

7. by Béranger on September 20, 2011 at 12:06 am

Au contraire, I don’t quite like Alexandra, sorry.

And obviously Gabi is not «your» Gabi as long as he’s now under foreign control :-p

8. by ionuca on September 20, 2011 at 9:00 pm

@Roxandrei: thank you very much! :)

@Béranger: it’s OK, you don’t have to like her as long as she’s married to the one she loves :P And Gabi is my Gabi as long as I have just one friend with that name.