I am officially allergic to my hometown. And no, it’s not an euphemism. It’s the second (if not the third) time that I get an allergy hours after I have arrived here. I blame it on the clean mountain air :)

I didn’t have time to roam around the town because we went to the countryside where we celebrated Mum’s birthday. It’s so good to go there from time to time. There’s the place where I grew up, I know every corner of the house and of the garden. But many things have changed since my grandma died and my uncle and his wife moved there. There rooms have changed, the garden has changed and although they have definitely improved the place I wish they hadn’t thrown out so many of my grandparents’ things.

But one thing I really enjoyed there: the fresh vegetables! They have a lovely vegetable garden and they don’t use chemicals so everything was bio and delicious. I always buy my vegetables from the market, from farmers, but you never know what chemicals they use…
null

null

null

null

null

There were a lot of kids present yesterday and I have to admit that they were cute (not as cute as my Sofi, but cute). But still, I’m not a big fan of kids. I can stand to be around cute ones for a limited time but it would be horrible to have to take care of them. Even Sofi managed to annoy me when she repeatedly took my fisheye camera although I had told her a million times that she was not allowed to play with it.

I cut my hair very short again. The problem is that I saw a pic with a very cool haircut and I wanted to have a similar one… Well, it turned out to be a big fail and I’ll never trust cool haircuts on the net again! :)) But I’ll survive, I’ve had worse.

Posted on by ionuca | Posted in Baia Mare, It's a beautiful day!, More than words can say, Pictures of you, Try walking in my shoes, With a little help from my friends

10 Responses to Back to the roots

1. by Verde Ursuz on August 21, 2011 at 10:13 pm

Awesooome! You make me miss my home again (and you also made me wanna eat the tomatoes I have in the fridge :)) ). As for your haircut, I really think it looks great. :) And beauty is in the eye of the beholder, so don’t comment back on that one. :p

2. by Yuki on August 22, 2011 at 6:40 pm

the last pict. is brilliant :)
    i went home to for the weekend ;)

3. by Melania on August 22, 2011 at 7:11 pm

So where are your roots? :)

4. by ionuca on August 22, 2011 at 11:10 pm

@Verde Ursuz: tomatoes are good for you, eat them, eat them! :))

@Yuki: we keep missing each other :(

@Melania: Basically Baia Mare and a small village in judeţul Satu Mare :)

5. by Yuki on August 23, 2011 at 6:27 am

yeah, but i’m still waiting for you to come to Sibiu :D
    anyhow, chances are that i’ll be back in town in about a month ;)

6. by Yuki on August 23, 2011 at 6:28 am

and my forgotten “o” :P

7. by Gracie on August 23, 2011 at 4:54 pm

It’s not that bad you know. The haircut I mean….

8. by Verde Ursuz on August 23, 2011 at 11:41 pm

:)) My last 2 breakfasts: bruschette cu roşii şi cartofi dulci cu… sos de roşii. So the evil tomato “voice” is quite powerful. :))

9. by Melania on August 24, 2011 at 9:25 am

Aaa… so you’re a 2 county kind of girl :)

P.S. You can’t really see the haircut, just the shortness of the hair :P The picture is awesome, anyways, just like all the rest of them… 8->

10. by ionuca on August 26, 2011 at 8:41 pm

@Yuki: I know I said we would come but I either didn’t have money or I had to work :( Please let me know when you’ll be in Bucharest, I’d love to take you out for a beer :)

@Gracie: you’re too kind, as always :)

@Verde Ursuz: :))))) Tomatoes FTW!! I bet it was delicious!

@Melania: And proud of it!
    Awww, you made me blush… :”>