My mum is right. Sometimes (most of the times) I behave like I am savage, as if I were raised in the woods. I’m not socially handicapped or anything, I simply don’t like to make a big fuss out of interacting with others. I got used to the idea that people come and go and I don’t lift a finger to make people come and then I just sit doing nothing while people go.

I don’t think I am a loner, I think I just don’t know how to hold on to people. And why should I? I mean everyone is free to come and leave how they please, why should you hold on to them? You get to tell people so much about yourself and then you never see them again so what’s the point of going through that phase anyway? I went from going out with many people to being all by myself and it wasn’t that pleasant. Now I’m mostly by myself and it’s fine. Acquaintances are nice, friends I’m skeptical about.

Posted on by ionuca | Posted in Bits and pieces, For a minute there I lost myself, I think I'm paranoid and complicated, My Bucharest, Pictures of you

9 Responses to Raised in the woods

1. by Béranger on July 10, 2011 at 3:38 pm

Ah… acea perioadă critică a vieţii… De fapt doar una din multele.

2. by ionuca on July 10, 2011 at 4:02 pm

@Béranger: are there more?! Bloody hell…

3. by mony on July 10, 2011 at 4:50 pm

cred ca sunt faze prin care toti trecem.Eu una trebuie sa recunosc ca ma bucur mai mult de o dupa-masa cu prietenul meu,o cafea rece,o carte buna si niste jazz in the backround then going out si sa vad aceiasi oameni obositi de viata si sa ascult aceleasi conversatii over and over again.Nu putem sa ne numim “loneri”,ar fi absurd pt ca de socializat,socializam in fiecare zi…I just think we want more and that more I think we need it to be different…difficult times…

4. by Văraru on July 10, 2011 at 8:02 pm

Verile noastre seamănă. Atâta tot. Ghinionul meu că locuiesc lângă pădure și-s ‘băiet’ pentru că n-am chef să le cutreier la propriu.

5. by Andreea on July 11, 2011 at 3:17 pm

Eu alternez: o zi stau si citesc, alta vad un film, alta cu treaba prin casa, dar apoi simt si nevoia de discutii si intalniri cu cei cativa prieteni. Mie in schimb nu imi plac cunostintele, adica nu mi-as sacrifica timpul liber pentru niste oameni care nu imi sunt apropiati. Sunt salbatica cu necunoscutii mai degraba. Si destul de critica, din pacate. I wish I could love people more, just as they are.

6. by ionuca on July 12, 2011 at 7:34 pm

@mony: very difficult times :) I think it’s high time they went away let something better come along.

@Văraru: Atunci poate ne vedem la toamnă când o să ne fie bine :)

@Andreea: oho, și eu sunt critică (uneori chiar mai mult decât aș vrea), dar prefer să-mi fie „călduț” de cât prea bine și apoi foarte rău.

7. by Gracie on July 14, 2011 at 3:37 pm

There’s a saying that recites something that sounds like this “people come in your life when you need them, and leave when the need is over”….I deeply believe this is true.

8. by Delia on July 14, 2011 at 4:58 pm

Stiu ca nu are nicio legatura cu ce ai scris,dar m-am gandit ca o sa-ti placa blog-ul acesta. :)

9. by ionuca on July 14, 2011 at 8:34 pm

@Gracie: I had no idea about that saying but I love it! Thanks for sharing!

@Delia: e foarte fain blogul, mulțumesc de link :)