I used to wait for the summer to come. I am fond of high temperature, I have plenty of T-shirts, I’ve learned to use sunscreen the first times I go out on a hot day so I am always prepared for that period. Sometimes I had plans for the summer: going to Vama Veche with some colleagues, visiting my aunt in Athens, going with my parents to Budapest, seeing Radiohead in Prague. Oh, what wonderful plans I had and what incredible awesome summer days I had spent!

And now… now I’m not very thrilled that the summer is here. I don’t have any plans for this summer, I don’t even have a vague idea what I’d like to do this summer. Also, I have to save up money for the Bon Iver concert in Köln in October so I can’t afford to just pack my bags and go.  I wouldn’t know where to go, anyway.

I feel like a very precious thing has been taken away from me. My time is not my time anymore (still have problems adjusting to that), but not to have a summer all for myself? That’s outrageous!

What’s more, I reread bits and pieces of my very first blog and man, oh man, I had the same problems back then. I guess that I haven’t changed in these last 6 years. Not that I wanted to change, but I was still shocked to see that a person can be so stuck in time.

Posted on by ionuca | Posted in For a minute there I lost myself, I think I'm paranoid and complicated, I'm just a girl, Pictures of you

13 Responses to I want my summer back!

1. by Gracie on June 14, 2011 at 2:33 pm

Stay open, something might happen…..

2. by Eva on June 19, 2011 at 9:32 am

For me holiday has not yet come but I would liked to travel with my daughter. I hope I still manage to get even a few days at sea.

3. by ionuca on June 19, 2011 at 12:40 pm

@Gracie: hopefully :)

@Eva: I’m keeping my fingers crossed for the two of you :)

4. by Eva on June 19, 2011 at 12:43 pm

thank you, you’re so sweet. forgive my English, I never knew to write well..

5. by ionuca on June 19, 2011 at 12:45 pm

@Eva: don’t worry about that! As long as people understand you, it’s perfectly fine :)

6. by Pavla on June 21, 2011 at 6:19 pm

I’m all July in Prague so you are very welcome to come and explore something more. Unfortunately no Radiohead this summer :(

7. by mony on June 22, 2011 at 3:29 pm

….so demult timp nu am mai scris pe nici un blog de al tau,dar te asigur ca le-am citit cu aceeasi placer.
    Azi,de azi-dimineata,hotarata cu o cana de cafea dulce si placuta langa mine,ti-am citit(recitit anumite parti) tot blogul.Este incredibil sa vezi cum reuseste omul,prin cele mai simple lucruri(chiar rutina ar spune unii) sa evolueze.
    Ma regasesc cu aproximatie in fiecare post.So thank you very much,ca intr-un fel sau altul m-ai scos dintr-o stare de toata jena:D
    astept cu nerabdare si celelalte posturi:D

8. by mony on June 22, 2011 at 10:41 pm

imi cer scuze de greseli gramaticale,dar ma grabeam:”>…..rusine sa imi fie:D

9. by ionuca on June 25, 2011 at 12:54 pm

@mony: mulțumesc mult pentru comentariu :) De cele mai multe ori nu am despre ce să scriu. Aceleași lucruri se întâmplă în fiecare zi, e o rutină din care nu prea ies.

Mi se pare interesant cum vezi tu lucrurile: eu dacă recitesc ce am scris, am impresia că nu am evoluat deloc, că sunt tot aceeași de acum 2-3-4 ani :)

10. by mony on June 27, 2011 at 8:02 am

tu nu ai cum sa iti dai seama ca evoluezi…adica asa este omul,in genere acest proces ori este ignorat ori remarcat dar refuzat ori pur si simplu este luat ca pe un lucru normal.Cei care iti citesc Blog-ul crede-ma ca o fac pentru ca se regasesc.Eu de cate ori nu am injurat un sofer care,atunci cand eram pe trecerea de pietoni era sa ma calce,am ajuns sa ma plictiseasca efectiv majoritatea cafenelelor din TM,iar discutiile interminabile despre banalitatile cotidiene de multe ori m-au facut sa ma intreb cum ar fi sa impusc pe cel care imi vorbeste.With a really crappy job and my daily problems ma bucur totusi sa vad ca nu sunt singura in aceasta “suferinta”:))
    So,in concluzie,please do go on!!!

11. by Shigekuni on July 5, 2011 at 3:54 am

Hey. You are coming here? That’s pretty cool. Sorry, I’m irregularly reading your blog(s) because I’m trying to get my Romanian into shape. I see we share a common opinion on Fallada, who I’m a great fan of. I also greatly enjoyed your review of The sea the sea. It’s so great to meet kindred readers in so vastly different languages. :) Just wanted to say hello. :)

12. by ionuca on July 5, 2011 at 10:05 pm

@Shigekuni: hey, thanks for the comment, it made my day :) I was late for work but for a good cause. Drop by again :)

13. by Shigekuni on July 6, 2011 at 1:46 am

An excellent cause, if I may so myself. ;)