It’s been so long since I left but every time I go back there it feels like yesterday I was living there, going to high school, meeting my friends for a Coke (yes, I was a huuuge Coke fan and, also, Mum gave me just enough money to buy a Coke/evening) and daydreaming about moving to Bucharest. Now I’m living my dream and it’s definitely not as cool as I imagined it would be. And I’m not saying that I want to move back home but I get nostalgic about the good times I had there and sometimes I have the wrong impression that being there is all that takes to be blissfully happy again. This Peter Pan syndrome that I suffer from makes me fear the grown-up world and everything that has to do with it and it makes me want to run back to Mum where I’m safe and where my problems are dealt by others.

Unfortunately, I had a talk with Mum about this and she didn’t like my plan of moving back and doing nothing except reading, riding the bike, taking pictures and cooking. She is a very active woman (professionally speaking) and she can’t understand my laziness, or rather my desire to have a relaxed, bohemian life. And bohemian definitely doesn’t mean working hard and then working some more. I’d love to open a book shop in my home town and put my imagination to work in order to make people read more. But I’ve heard of people trying the same thing (in other towns, ofc) and failing. Books are still a luxury in such places. Anyways, I’ll keep that thought in mind and who knows, maybe one day…

Posted on by ionuca | Posted in Baia Mare, For a minute there I lost myself, I think I'm paranoid and complicated, I'm just a girl, Pictures of you, Try walking in my shoes, With a little help from my friends

13 Responses to Home?

1. by Yuki on April 26, 2011 at 9:44 pm

foarte, foarte faina poza cu scara.

2. by vio on April 26, 2011 at 10:50 pm

foarte foarte fain alese pozele:)
    BM nostalgico:) :X

3. by Eddie on April 26, 2011 at 11:25 pm

Home is where Urma is.

4. by claudia on April 27, 2011 at 5:01 am

Ridichi!!! Foarte faine pozele!

5. by Verde Ursuz on April 27, 2011 at 7:49 am

You will always hear of other people failing. That shouldn’t mean a thing. You can only try and see why did they fail. But you’re not them and they’re not you. So every man with its own bookshop and success or failure, that’s what I think.

6. by puck on April 27, 2011 at 8:30 am

nu ştiu dacă vei mai rezista într-un oraş atât de mic precum BM, după ce ai stat în Bucureşti… poate Timişoara? acolo ar putea avea succes o mica librarie/afacere. zic şi eu.

7. by tuvia on April 27, 2011 at 10:57 am

i have the same problem with my mum, also full of energy and very active, unhappy that she has such a lazy daughter who keep day dreaming at the old age of 27 :)) alas! we’re indeed http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBQNH5TFztM

8. by Gracie on April 27, 2011 at 4:29 pm

Keep dreaming girl, dreams are what keep you alive and kicking!

9. by ionuca on April 27, 2011 at 8:00 pm

@Yuki: merci! :)

@vio: eh, mă mai apucă :D

@Eddie: Urma is wherever I take her :P

@claudia: sunt peste tot!!!

@Verde Ursuz: that’s a very think pink way of seeing things! Thanks! :)

@puck: la un moment dat mă gândeam serios să mă mut în Timișoara, mă uitasem după apartament, căutasem cursuri de master etc. Dar apoi am renunțat. Cine știe unde o să fiu peste 3-4 ani :)

@tuvia: how did our mums end up with us? :)) Poor women!

@Gracie: hear, hear! :)

10. by Yuki on April 29, 2011 at 9:16 am

scuze ca scriu aici, nu stiu unde in alta parte: nu mai pot sa comentez pe ‘ a pict/day…’, in momentul in care vreau sa scriu fuge pagina la urmatoarea poza si tot asa :(

11. by Eddie on April 29, 2011 at 10:48 am

@Yuki, merge OK acum. Thanks for the notice!

12. by Ally on April 30, 2011 at 12:42 pm

We are more and more unlike our parents, which for me is such a great thing :))
    Prin faza cu bookshop-ul am trecut si eu si cred ca orice nebun dupa carti trece, dar mi-am dat seama ca libraria viitorului e cea de pe net, chiar daca mi-ar placea un cosy little bookshop ca si cel al lui Meg Ryan din You’ve got mail :))
    Ahhh, si pt. ca toate sa se lege, cum incepe cartea pe care tocmai o citesc (The thirteenth tale)? Cu descrierea unui bookshop de carti rare, cu personajul principal care isi petrece majoritatea timpului acolo si cu marea ei pasiune pentru carti…

13. by ionuca on May 2, 2011 at 7:31 pm

@Ally: cum poți să crezi că librăriile o să dispară? :( Eu nu vreau să îmi cumpăr cărțile doar de pe net/format electronic! Mi se pare așa de impersonal, așa de… bleah! Sunt încă optimistă în ceea ce privește viața librăriilor :)